Re: [dm-devel] Block regression since 3.1-rc3

Christophe Saout <christophe saout de> writes:

> Hi Jeff,
>
>> Anyway, it would help a great deal if you could retrigger the failure
>> and provide the full failure output.  You can get that by issuing the
>> 'dmesg' command and redirecting it to a file.
>
> Oh, sorry, yes, there's a line missing.
>
> Line 323 is this one: BUG_ON(!rq->bio || rq->bio != rq->biotail);
>
> The bug is not specific to GFS2, I also get it when using an ext3 mount
> on that multipath storage pool when writing to a file.

Great, thanks!  I tried ext3 and ext4 as well, and was unable to trigger
this problem.  I setup a linear volume on top of a multipath device.  Is
that the configuration you are using?  Anyway, this may be enough to get
me on the right path...

Cheers,
Jeff