[dm-devel] Bisected: Massive memory leak in dm-snapshot in 3.1 development introduced

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Oct 23 09:52:06 UTC 2011

Making sure that Alasdair sees this too (hopefully he picked up on it
from dm-devel, but best send things directly too)

Mikulas, Alasdair? I see the mempool_free() for the "master job", what
about everything else? Does the dm_kcopyd_prepare_callback() perhaps
need to do a

    job->master_job = job;

or similar?

                   Linus