[dm-devel] error injection

Jojy Varghese jojy.varghese at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:32:07 UTC 2011

Hi
  I am trying to dynamically add error injection to our virtual
disk(LVM) for testing+ debugging purpose. I saw "faulty" personality
module in the kernel and was wondering if there was any documentation
on its usage. I am not looking to set up a RAID but a simple mapped
device. So the basic use case is that I need to be able to dynamically
add/remove error sectors and also be able to have granular error
configuration like read error, read+write error etc.

thanks in advance
Jojy