Re: [dm-devel] [LSF/MM TOPIC] a few storage topics

>> I hadn't thought of that use case. Going to be a bit tricky given how
>> GET LBA STATUS works...

Doug> What's new in ACS-3 (t13.org ATA Command Set): .....
Doug>   f10138r6 Adds the ability for the device to return a
Doug>            list of the LBAs that are currently trimmed.

Doug> So it looks like t13.org are adding a GET LBA STATUS type
Doug> facility.  That in turn should lead to a SAT-3 (SCSI to ATA
Doug> Translation) definition of a mapping between both facilities.

Yep.

It is mostly how to handle the multi-range stuff going up the stack that
concerns me. We'd need something like FIEMAP...