[dm-devel] Can anyone give some help on my research of thin provisioning ?

汤占坤 tangzhankun at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:05:40 UTC 2012

hi,I have tasted LVM2 's thin provisioning logical volume and read some docs of Joe Thornber in github.
But I have one more question:
In the field of research, is there any authoritative thesis or literature review that describe thin provisioning's design idea in detail? or is there any design docs that you follows when implements thin provisioning?I searched a lot , but only find a few papers (may be out of date) like:

"SUKWOO KANG and A. L. NARASIMHA REDDY Texas A&M University. An Approach to Virtual Allocation in Storage Systems" ..
I'm guess that the concept 'virtual allocation' is similar to 'thin provisioning', but I have not seen any thesises directly related to 'thin provisioning'.
So sincerely,  I need your advice, thanks again!
brs,tangzhankun2012-07-09