[dm-devel] RHEL6.2: path failures during good path I/O

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 21:19:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14 2012 at  3:15pm -0400,
Christian May <cmay at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> I couldn't recreate the path failures on the exact same test setup
> with RHEL6.1.
>
> Something must have been changed in the device-mapper package!?

It is good to know 6.1 works and 6.2 doesn't for you.  But I'm not
understanding why you're thinking it is a device-mapper-multipath
issue (not kernel issue).

You could do a couple things:
1) run the RHEL6.2 kernel on a RHEL6.1 install
2) install RHEL6.1 device-mapper-multipath package on RHEL6.2 install

If both work then it implicates the RHEL6.2 device-mapper-multipath
package.

But all being said, please just file a BZ at bugzilla.redhat.com