[dm-devel] [Lsf-pc] [Topic] Bcache

chetan loke loke.chetan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 18:33:25 UTC 2012

Don't get too carried away with the perf numbers. re-read what I said:
 "if performance isn't acceptable then hashes can be replaced with
trees and what-not".

> I'm not aware of any real features I'm missing out on by not using dm...

But you are not explaining why dm is not the right stack. Just because
it crashed when you tried doesn't mean it's not the right place.
flash-cache works, doesn't it? flash-cache's limitation is because
it's a dm-target or because it is using hashing or something else?
There are start-ups who are doing quite great with SSD-cache+dm. So
please stop kidding yourself.