Re: [dm-devel] prio_callout

On mar., 2012-11-13 at 17:02 +0000, Jason Butler wrote:
> All,
> I have a specific need to use my own path priorities – now you have
> removed the prio_callout from Redhat 6.2 – are there any other ways I
> can do this?
> Or do you have some instructions for defining custom path priorities?
You can point multipathd to a custom shared library.
To develop one, the easiest path is

- cloning the upsteam repo
- copy an existing prioritizer (ex. libmultipath/prioritizers/const.c)
- modify it to suit your needs
- add it to libmultipath/prioritizers/Makefile
- rebuild

Only the getprio function is called by multipathd, and its return code
is the weight of the path passed as argument. Not as easy as a script,
but close ... and you gain the memlocking of the shared lib at
multipathd startup.

You may also check if the weighedpath prioritizer implements what you

Best regards,
christophe varoqui