[dm-devel] dm-crypt parallelization patches

Vivek Goyal vgoyal at redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 19:13:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 11:57:21AM -0700, Tejun Heo wrote:

[..]
> And destroy all per-ioc and cgroup logics in block layer in the
> process.

Oh, I am in no-way suggesting don't use bio_associate_current(). I am
just trying to analyze the performance issue right now and saying that
as far as performance is concenred, one will get it back even if one
does not use bio_associate_current().

Yes but one needs to use bio_associate_current() to make sure bio's
are attributed to right cgroup and associate bio to right task. This
should help solving the long standing issue of task losing its ioprio
if dm-crypt target is in the stack.

Thanks
Vivek