[dm-devel] Kernel oops with dm-cache

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Mon Dec 9 09:28:07 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 10:13:05PM -0500, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> This was fixed with this commit:
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=47821767d26af4073fcfdfb3b96704f24a23416f
>
> I'll be sending it to Linus at some point this coming week (along with
> other DM fixes that are staged in the 'for-next' branch of
> linux-dm.git).

OK. Will applying this actually make my machine boot again, too? check_cache
says there's nothing wrong with it, just like last time; dump-cache says
everything's clean, just like last time. But I'm not nuking it once more,
the backup restore process was too painful last time :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/