[dm-devel] multipath-tools release coming

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Mon Dec 9 12:31:36 UTC 2013

On 12/07/2013 07:48 AM, Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> Ben,
>
> do you still have issues with the watchdog part of Hannes patchset ?
> If so, may be we can make it activable by a multipathd start-up
> parameter set in the the unit file command.

Sadly, it's not that easy.

Whenever the user enables the watchdog feature via the systemd
unit file the program _has_ to respond to it; otherwise it'll
be stopped

So the watchdog integration has to stay, but we can make that
optional from the code if no watchdog functionality has been
requested from systemd.

That way the code will run unaffected and the watchdog-specific
parts will only be used when the user has activated the watchdog
from the systemd unit file.

Cheers,

Hannes
hare at suse.de			      +49 911 74053 688