[dm-devel] dm-cache fs corruption

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 19:32:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13 2013 at 11:29am -0500,
Vladimir Smolensky <arizal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm compiling the for-linus branch, it shows 3.12.0-rc5, that's ok right?

Yes, that branch is based on v3.12-rc5.  Once the branch is made it is
best not to rebase (Linus prefers that, unless there is a strong reason
to rebase).

Chances are there is still a 64bit bug that is causing truncation of
values to 32bit.  So I wouldn't expect the latest code to help your
particular situation but it doesn't hurt to use the latest.

> Where can I get cache_restore, cache_dump, etc. and info how to use them.

Those tools are part of this project:
https://github.com/jthornber/thin-provisioning-tools

There are man pages for each utility (in the man8 subdir).