[dm-devel] dm-cache: dm-3.14-fixes-4

George . george at ucdn.com
Mon Mar 17 13:43:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

In dm-3.14-fixes-4, there is a description that :

- fix corruption with >2TB fast device due to truncation bug
But looking at the diffidence I can't find anything related to such bug.

I'm asking this, because we are trying to use dm-cache on machine with 2.4
TB SDD cache and after I took following fix:

dm-3.14-fixes-1
dm cache: fix truncation bug when mapping I/O to >2TB fast device
dm-3.14-fixes-1<http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git/tag/?id=dm-3.14-fixes-1>

our cached device got corrupted again.

My question is: is there another truncation bug discovered?

I've back ported  dm-3.14-fixes-1 to 3.11.10 kernel, because when we tested
v3.14-rc5<http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git/tag/?id=v3.14-rc5>
-
cached device was corrupted after ~15 minutes and seems to be more
unstable.

Meanwhile I'll try to find what happens on >2TB border and eventually will
fix it.