[dm-devel] DM limits setup

Doug Dumitru doug at easyco.com
Mon Jan 5 23:32:18 UTC 2015

Thank you Mr. Thornber.  This example should work for me.

My dm-validate.ko module is functional, but a bit crude for general use.
It has a few "issues":

1)  It is only currently tested on x86_64, although it will likely work on
32-bit intel with only a couple of KMAPs added.

2)  It uses "load DS:" games to read and write to file space from the
kernel (this is where the hashes are stored).  I suspect this is
nonsensical for some arches.

3)  There is no attempt to "sync" the hash "database" so crashes always
result in out of sync tests.  My testing is mostly with SSDs and SSD
arrays, so speed is an issue.

If you would like a copy, please point me at "contribution" guidelines for
device mapper target contributions.

--
Doug Dumitru
EasyCo LLC