[dm-devel] blk-mq DM changes for 3.20 [was: Re: blk-mq request allocation stalls]

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 18:42:58 UTC 2015

Hey Jens,

I _think_ we've resolved the issues Bart raised for request-based DM's
support for blk-mq devices (anything remaining seems specific to iSER's
blk-mq support which is in development).  Though Keith did have that one
additional patch for that block scatter gather attribute that we still
need to review closer.

Anyway, I think what we have is a solid start and see no reason to hold
these changes back further.  So I've rebased the 'dm-for-3.20' branch of
linux-dm.git ontop of 3.19-rc6 and reordered the required block changes
to be at the front of the series, see:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git/log/?h=dm-for-3.20

(these changes have been in Linux next for a month, via linux-dm.git
'for-next')

With your OK, I'd be happy to carry the required block changes and
ultimately request Linus pull them for 3.20 (I can backfill your Acks if
you approve).  BUT I also have no problem with you picking up the block
changes to submit via your block tree (I'd just have to rebase ontop of
your 3.20 branch once you pull them in).

Let me know what you think, thanks.
Mike