Voting: repotag for EPEL

Bernard Johnson bjohnson-sender-11eeb1 at symetrix.com
Thu Apr 5 18:25:29 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 04:47:35PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>>> No, don't put the blame on me (or the FPC or the future), it's your
>>> vote.
>>>
>> You started it and you have to support it if you want people to vote.
>>

> No, I didn't start it, it was brought up here by (another) 3rd party
> repo manager. I just recorded the need for voting on it and did my
> part of voting.

I don't think thl is being unreasonable here.  *Someone* has to support
it.  If you consider it to be a big enough issue to warrant a vote, then
you should support it.

There is not nearly enough bandwidth in the group to go out and "look"
for issues.  If a 3rd party repo manager has a strong opinion on
repotag, then he should be here supporting his views.  In lieu of that,
if you are wanting a vote, then it should be you.