Voting: repotag for EPEL

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 5 19:00:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 12:52:03PM -0600, Bernard Johnson wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > That already happened a month ago and generated lots of discussion on
> > this list: 22% of this list's traffic ever is about that! And just for
> > fun with stats: 21% of the traffic was about banning
> > fedora-usermgr. It is really beaten to death and beyond.
> >
> > Please check the archives if you weren't subscribed back then.
> >
> (my comments on this apply to repotag as well)
>
> I read every single message.  Not a fun read.  No one was listening to
> anyone else.  You are right, we do not need to rehash that.
>
> But what we do need is a clear concise summary of the pros and cons
> (both fedora-usermgmt and repotag).  This should be 2-3 paragraphs
> written by someone with a strong opinion on either side.  There is
> almost nothing in those long threads that can't be boiled down to a
> couple of paragraphs for voting purposes.
>
> And if you don't feel strongly *for*, and no one is willing to step up
> to that small task, I don't even see how this is vote worthy.

That's a wrong conclusion, people just get burned out and "don't want
to be that guy" (grep the archives to understand the latter
quote). Especially in a topic like fedora-usermgmt that spanned into
three different lists by now.

Anyway the need to vote on that is undisputed, alone the magnitude of
list space these topics consume require an official EPEL stand-up. And
if you feel like there should be more information in the wiki or
elsewhere, since you read all mails, maybe you could volunteer to do
"that small task" and make Thorsten happy.

FWIW "I don't want to be that guy".
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net