Re: Collaboration

Johnny Hughes wrote:
Question1:
If RPMforge has a perfectly working ClamAV for EL5, and if we are
collaborating, why would EPEL build ClamAV?

You'd have to talk with Enrico Scholz, the ClamAV maintainer. Perhaps the RPMForge RPM did not meet his needs.
Question2:
If ATRPMS has a perfectly working nx/freenx for EL5, and if we are
collaborating, why would EPEL build nx / freenx?

To my knowledge, they haven't.

Answer to both ... EPEL wants to be "THE" Master 3rd Party repo, not
just a 3rd Party Repo.  There can be no misinterpreting that, it is just
plain fact.

I understand why this fear would exist. Afterall there are hundreds of extras developers. We're not aiming to be 'the one repo to rule them all'. We're aiming to rebuild Fedora's extras packages for Enterprise Linux.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the thread, but I will say this. The 3rd party repos are holding EPEL to a double standard. Take ClamAV for example. Thimm, rpms.net, and kbs all have clamav RPM's but, for some reason, you expect EPEL not to have one?

   -Mike