Re: RHN software channels & EPEL

On 02.08.2007 10:28, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Just wondering: would it be fine for EPEL to ship for example
>> mysql-connector-odbc under a different name
>> ("mysql-connector-odbc-epel")? Then we would not replace packages from
>> layered products, just provide something (without support) that's also
>> provided by a layered product (which has support).
>
> Well it could become a support nightmare though at the worst case.

Well, we'd need to make sure the different packages don't get installed
at the same time. But yeah, point taken.

*If* we ever should need a *library* in EPEL that's currently part of a
layered product then it might be the best for all parties involved to
ship that library in RHEL proper, and not in the layered product.

CU
thl