Re: Fedora EPEL Package Build Report 2007-08-14

Orion Poplawski wrote:
buildsys fedoraproject org wrote:
Packages built and released for Fedora EPEL 5: 77

NEW arj-3.10.22-3.el5 : Archiver for .arj files
NEW audio-entropyd-1.0.0-4.el5.2 : Generate entropy from audio output
NEW cabextract-1.1-5.el5 : Utility for extracting cabinet (.cab) archives

Perhaps NEW packages can get automatically moved from "testing" into the current release tree? I know I'm still trying to build up all of my Fedora packages for EPEL.

This was brought up in #EPEL earlier today and I'd like to hear further discussion from people on the list.

On the one hand. EPEL has to get installed and its not hard for people to install both the EPEL and testing repo at the same time. Some might argue that it discourages new contributors and new packages from being built.

By pushing new packages, we are risking dep solving issues so our scripts would have to be changed (yet again). Anyway, I'm right on the line with this one (because I'm happy to enable the testing repo)

What do you the rest of you think?

   -Mike