Re: Complete RHEL package lists?

On 26.08.2007 19:56, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> I  haven't forgotten about this topic, but I am still at a loss for
> direction toward a solution.  I can use the RHN API to pull in a lot
> of information about RHEL channels and such, but there are 400+
> channels in RHN, and virtually no metadata.  I suppose the metadata
> could somehow be derived, but that is a moving target.

I think the point got mentioned in a meeting a bit, but not further
discussed:

Why can't we simply run a small script on one or two (RHEL5Desktop and
RHEL5Server) machines somewhere that just write the informations into
some files and uploads those somewhere?

That way we might not provide all the data people might be interested
it, but a package-list (which would be a good start) and some other
stuff afaics should be possible, which is better than nothing.

CU
knurd