Re: Release and update procedure for EPEL

Matthias Saou wrote:
FP! :-)

Joke aside, I'd like to see which views we have on the release and
update procedure to apply to EPEL.

- Do we want a moving (and potentially breaking) set of packages which
  is constantly being updated?
- Do we want a fixed set of packages when a RHEL release is made and
  focus on major bugfixes and security updates from there on?

While some folks certainly have an interest in the latter, I think it wiser to simply focus on the former, at least until we reach a critical mass of packages/maintainers. At that point, reconsideration would be reasonable.

-- Rex