python-imaging (was: Re: Fedora EPEL Package Build Report 2007-07-13)

On 13.07.2007 22:13, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 7/13/07, Michael Stahnke <mastahnke gmail com> wrote:
>>> Just a quick note python-imaging was removed with this push.   that is because
>>> it is in RHEL5-client  and CentOS5
>> Is there a solution for those running RH 5 server?   Maybe a topic for
>> next weeks' EPEL meeting?
> It should be as there will always be issues where people have
> Server/Desktop/etc but need something that is only included in one of
> the channels. The simplest solution would be to 'rebuild' the packages
> to match what is missing (or borrow them from Sci/CentOS). [...]

Should be easy afaics: get the RHEL SRPM, put the spec file in EPEL,
lower the EVR (¹), rebuild, ship.

Sounds like a plan. Can the @redhat.com people please state if that sort
of trick is acceptable for Red Hat?

CU
thl

(¹) -- we should do that to avoid overriding the EL package
accidentally. Adding a "0." preix in release should do the trick and is
easily done