EPEL Deps (spam-o-epel)

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 19 16:54:51 UTC 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> Given that, what do I do?  Have the EPEL4/5 builds of limph pulled,
> and
> note the cvs branches?
That's one option.  Or you can become a co-maintainer for the needed
packages in EPEL.  See the wiki for more info on that if you're
interested.

> And do more thorough deps checking for my next
> attempted EPEL build? :)

Yes, and I believe we need to really emphasize this for people
wanting to build packages for EPEL.  At this point in time, it is not
safe to assume that a package is in EPEL simply because it exists in
Fedora/Extras.

-Jeff