Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070725) EPEL SIG meeting

On Jul 25, 2007, at 12:45 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
/topic EPEL Meeting – broken deps – Jeff_S, All

See http://www.sheltren.com//epel/repoclosure/2007-07-25/ for a run of repoclosure this morning. This is against CentOS 4.5 base + updates, so it may be slightly different than what the spam-o-epel reports, but we should be looking at both.

I think that any unresolved deps should be removed from the repos before going live. For example, give maintainers until the start of next week to get the needed deps into EPEL. Also something to consider: we should re-run repoclosure after removing the packages with broken deps to see what else we broke by removing them -- hopefully this is not a lot of packages!

-Jeff