Re: Request: Add an additonal tag to package names

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 08:43:34PM +0200, Heiko Adams wrote:
> Hello,
> I would request to add an addtional tag like "epel" to the packagename
> for easier differ where which package came from.
> At the moment there is no way to differ if a package is a package from
> the distribution or if it comes from epel repo.

Heh, oh boy. :)

The EPEL steering committee has decided (multiple times) to not use
repotags.

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-June/msg00032.html

Has the summary of the last time it was discussed... I believe the EPEL
SIG plans to come out with an official statement on the decision?

Ray