Release and update procedure for EPEL

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Mar 2 17:31:35 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham schrieb:
> Michael Stahnke (mastahnke at gmail.com) said:
>> I guess I assumed we were not aiming to replace RHEL base packages.
> What happens when a package targeted for EPEL requires a bug fix
> in a RHEL package? (This is not theoretical, I have one of these.)

AFIACS the same as in Extras in the past: File a bug, poke Red Hat
maintainers (¹) and pray that it gets fixed.

Especially the last part is important.

Sorry, sound like a joke, and in parts is one, but well, on the other
hands that's how it roughly worked for community contributors in Extras(²).

CU
thl

(¹) maybe with the help of a friendly red hat employee like notting or
jeremy that can poke in real life, too

(²) praying is optional and you can use the god of your choice