rename fedora-usermgmt?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Mar 5 14:36:01 UTC 2007

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:32:08PM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> FWIW I hate it, too, anyone here around with other feelings for that?
>> Maybe we're all "that guy" ;)
>
> Yes, I am *also* that guy.
>
> Can't we just have a Fedora project registry of assigned numbers and stick
> to it?

Fact is:  fedora-usermgmt solves a (nitch) problem, regardless of
whether folks agree with it's implementation.

Imo, maintainers of epel packages, should be free to use it, if they
wish.  It would be inappropriate, imo, to implement a blanket "no
fedora-usermngt" policy in epel, unless, of course, no maintainer for it
can be found for epel.

-- Rex