Re: rename fedora-usermgmt?

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 08:36:01AM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:32:08PM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
FWIW I hate it, too, anyone here around with other feelings for that?
Maybe we're all "that guy" ;)
Yes, I am *also* that guy.

Can't we just have a Fedora project registry of assigned numbers and stick
to it?
Fact is: fedora-usermgmt solves a (nitch) problem, regardless of whether folks agree with it's implementation.

Imo, maintainers of epel packages, should be free to use it, if they wish. It would be inappropriate, imo, to implement a blanket "no fedora-usermngt" policy in epel, unless, of course, no maintainer for it can be found for epel.

Please no, it requires the admin's attention to setup some random
space in his user uid/gid space

That's news to me. My recollection of the last "usermgmt" debate was that if left unconfigured, fedora-usermgmt (essentially) is exactly the same as the usual useradd/userdel. It only changes behavior when modified/custmized by admin.

-- Rex