Repotag

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Mar 19 15:29:04 UTC 2007

On 19.03.2007 16:10, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Well, the discussions have proven that EPEL considers itself upstream.

Huh? Where? There is no "upstream" in this game afaics.

> And that a multi repository world is not wanted.

I disagree. My opinion in one sentence: "A Mixing-repository-that
were-not-designed-to-be-mixed world is not liked by many Fedora users
afaics". Better tools could change that.

Further: I have no problem with EPEL and rpmforge living in parallel. I
actually would like it to be that way, as they afaics will serve
different proposes: EPEL will be more careful and not replace packages
from the base while rpmforge is more "bleeding edge". I think both
approaches have there userbase.

CU
thl