Macros available in Fedora but not RHEL <= 4: Create epel-rpm-config?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 17:08:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 16:32 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 16:00 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > Yes, this is something different. Our use of %dist predates Fedora's
> > standard. What we generally do in this context is set:
> >
> > 	%{?dist: %{expand: %%define %dist 1}}
> >
> > What matthias does to map Fedora's %fedora macro to what we use, he adds:
> >
> > 	%{?fedora: %{expand: %%define fc%{fedora} 1}}
> >
> > So that if fedora is set to 7, the following macro is set:
> >
> > 	%define fc7 1
>
> I'm not opposed to adding what matthias is doing to to the disttag macro
> defines (for Fedora and EPEL) Seems to have value for conditionals.
>
> I'll work on a PackagingDraft for it.

I've worked up a PackagingDraft for these macros:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ExtraDistTagConditionalMacros

We'll discuss and vote on the Draft next week during our regular
meeting.

This is also a reminder that anyone who thinks that there are missing
items or items which need amending in the Fedora Packaging Guidelines
can submit a draft for review by the Fedora Packaging Committee. The
process on how it all works is documented here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Committee

Thanks,

~spot