Proposal for a EPEL Steering Committee

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Mar 23 21:54:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 06:53:07PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> == EPEL Steering Committee ==

First of all thanks a lot for this, I agree with all parts, just two
comments below:

> Approving something require at least four Steering Committee members
> to vote and the majority of the votes wins.

Isn't that the same? The majority of 7 people is always 4+. Or are you
saying that we need the majority to attend to a vote and of that
majority again the majority?

The latter doesn't sound that good, as you would end up with passing
votes that are less than the majority. I would strictly stick to
having a majority quorum of positive votes compared to the full number
of members, irrespective of how many are attending the voting.

>  * when FESCo member reads what the EPEL Steering Committee decided and
> disagrees with that

Since the decisions of this committee are reported and ratified by
fesco, is this needed? This sounds like we do some work and get it
approved by fesco. And then two weeks later a fesco member returns
from vacation and quotes this sentence to undo everything.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net