Proposal: Repository Community Collaboration Statement

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 13 20:02:56 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 11:40:22PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> If folks are happy with it I will help drive this through FESCo and
>> Fedora Project board after getting some feedback. Any further comments?
>
> Something I liked in the previous proposal was that it could also apply
> to other repo maintainers (unless I don't remember well). Now it seems
> to be fedora centric.

If the goal is to get other repository maintainers we need to get them
to agree to it specifically. We can't impose that without their explicit
support.

This policy page IMO is purely from the Fedora project perspective that
we do ack that such collaboration is a good idea. I don't think there is
any question whatsoever that third party repository maintainer's would
support such a policy statement. Nevertheless I have added a additional
section to gather feedback.

Rahul