Re: Proposal: Repository Community Collaboration Statement

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

I have made some changes essentially converting this from a statement that individual contributors would have to sign to a project wide policy

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/RepositoryCollaboration

If folks are happy with it I will help drive this through FESCo and Fedora Project board after getting some feedback. Any further comments?

I'm a bit concerned that you've undermined one of the base principles of my proposal Rahul. I put a lot of thought into *specifically* wording it so that it could be "signed" by any project. You've now turned it round and made it Fedora centric, so it doesn't make sense for another repo to sign. I can't see the sense in that. (It doesn't make sense for Dag, for example, to sign a statement saying "Fedora Project agrees to XXX"). That's why I repeatedly referred to "the signatories" rather than "Fedora Project". That's the only way to get a document which multiple people can all sign up to and make equal committments to. This is supposed to be a mutual thing.

By all means, it would make sense for fedoraproject.org to have a reference to the (neutral) signed agreement and say "this is how we, one of the signatories, are implementing it". But it doesn't make sense to change the core doc.

(Incidentally, the implication is that the actual core doc should probably *not* be on fedoraproject.org, to avoid confusion. If we get a final agreed version then I am happy to host it separately)

So I'd prefer it if we could go back to the neutral version.

Tim