wither clamav?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed May 16 20:47:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 02:13:56AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Yes. This is a different branch. While maintaining the spec files close
> to Fedora Package Collection is a good goal it is pretty much impossible
> to do it in all cases due the different release strategies between these
> repositories. It would be good to discuss with the Fedora package

In that case it is not the reason behind the change, so I am not sure
that this is valid. Indeed having a difference between EPEL and F
branches to accomodate third party repository in EPEL doesn't seems that
right (I am not saying that we shouldn't accomodate for third party
repository, but that we should do the same for that matter in EPEL and
Fedora).

> maintainer before deviating however because you are going to take up
> more maintenance work every time you do that and this is going to affect
> future releases too.

Although it is true that it is right in the general case, for that
particular case it is very doubtfull in my opinion.

--
Pat