EPEL-5 and RHEL 5.1 packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 14:52:08 UTC 2007

I'm trying to build a package (ocaml-libvirt) for EPEL 5.  Unfortunately
it depends on libvirt >= 0.2.1.  The version of libvirt on the plague
build server seems to be libvirt 0.1.8 (ie. the version which shipped
with RHEL 5 GA).  RHEL 5.1 ships with libvirt 0.3.3, so that would be OK.

Is there anything I can do to build against the newer libvirt?  Or is it
just a matter of waiting until the RHEL 5.1 RPMs become available (and
if that is the case, what is the likely timeline for that?)

Thanks,

Rich.