Re: mock 0.8.9 for EPEL-5

On 11/20/2007 11:44 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On Nov 20, 2007 2:29 PM, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy nobugconsulting ro> wrote:
On 11/20/2007 11:20 PM, Michael E Brown wrote:
On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 02:05:46PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

Ok I am going to ask the harder question :). How does this affect
RHEL-4 and such?

Does not affect RHEL4. I dont intend to upgrade mock in RHEL4 at this
time, as I dont have a box to test this out on. Nor do I think it worth
the effort to do so, as I doubt there are any users (or at least *very*
few, if any.)

I have to contradict you here. To my knowledge Centos 4 is quite popular
and even though lots of people have switched their devel boxes to C5 or
Fedora, those still using C4 need love, too.

>From what I can tell with 3 sites, the numbers are the following:

60%+ EL-3
30%+ EL-4
5%  + EL-5
5%  other.
Stephen, please note that we are not simply speaking about machines _running_ a specific distro but about machines running a distro _and_also_ doing development. As Michael has pointed out, one can very well do development on one distro (i.e. run mock on a Fedora box for instance) and test the compiled stuff on EL-3 / EL-4 / EL-5.

BTW, I think that it would be nice to have a clear reference somewhere in the wiki for configs with the options needed to build for EL-3. (Yes, I know EPEL does not support this distro but a) as pointed above there are quite a lot of machines in use and b) it would not hurt.)