mock 0.8.9 for EPEL-5

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Nov 20 21:52:27 UTC 2007

On 11/20/2007 11:44 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2007 2:29 PM, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

>>> Does not affect RHEL4. I dont intend to upgrade mock in RHEL4 at this
>>> time, as I dont have a box to test this out on. Nor do I think it worth
>>> the effort to do so, as I doubt there are any users (or at least *very*
>>> few, if any.)
>>>

>> I have to contradict you here. To my knowledge Centos 4 is quite popular
>> and even though lots of people have switched their devel boxes to C5 or
>> Fedora, those still using C4 need love, too.
>>

> >From what I can tell with 3 sites, the numbers are the following:
>
> 60%+ EL-3
> 30%+ EL-4
> 5%  + EL-5
> 5%  other.

Stephen, please note that we are not simply  speaking about machines
_running_ a specific distro but about machines running a distro
_and_also_ doing development. As Michael has pointed out, one can very
well do development on one distro (i.e. run mock on a Fedora box for
instance) and test the compiled stuff on EL-3 / EL-4 / EL-5.

BTW, I think that it would be nice to have a clear reference somewhere
in the wiki for configs with the options needed to build for EL-3. (Yes,
I know EPEL does not support this distro but a) as pointed above there
are quite a lot of machines in use and b) it would not hurt.)