EPEL report week 39 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Oct 1 17:16:50 UTC 2007

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Reports/Week39

= Weekly EPEL Summary =

Week 39/2007

== Most important happenings ==

 * Nothing major

== EPEL SIG Meeting ==

=== Attending ===

 * [:DennisGilmore:dgilmore]
 * [:JesseKeating:f13]
 * [:ThorstenLeemhuis:knurd]
 * [:MarekMahut:marek]
 * [:MikeMcGrath:mmcgrath]
 * [:KevinFenzi:nirik]
 * [:KarstenWade:quaid]
 * [:WarrenTogami:warren]

=== Summary ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/PackageMaintainer/GenericJobDescription and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/CommunicationPlan -- quaid

  * both were approved -- nobody complained on the list last time it was discussed (that was some weeks ago) and we can easily updated when people want to see something changed

  * task--quaid: put it properly in the wiki (link on the frontpage, everywhere else where needed? and similar stuff)

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Rhel51  -- unassigned

  * new ask page created by knurd to track preparations we likely should do for 5.1

   * when to remove yum-utils and other packages that are not part of RHEL?

   * leave the package in the repo until at least CentOS catches up, then drop them?

   * nirik> | I'm happy to work on bugging people about broken deps and trying to work on the repo for the next testing/final move.

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/RhelMetaData -- stahnma

  * skipped

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel -- unassigned

  * moving to bodhi requires that we switch to koji, which first needs the ability to hide RHEL binaries from the world

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc

  * yum-cron

   * things are in the works to get this issue fixed; see https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-September/msg00087.html

  * do more on the list and less in the meetings; "Power to the people with no delay." aka "make Steering Committee nearly unimportant" and "new schedule page"

   * some discussions around this to improve workflow and do stuff like "if nobody complains on the list (or in the IRC meetings) its simply considered accepted"

   * knurd> | it's just a general idea IMHO; we just need to find way to realize that idea; the new stuff in the wiki is a first step for I hope we do more, but I don't know yet exactly what to do; suggestions welcomed

 * Free discussion around EPEL

  * nirik> | I have almost caught up on security checking for epel...

  * nirik> | there are some packages that were never built, but have branches. Might be good if we could gather a list of those and ping maintainers to build or work on deps to build

  * nirik> | finally, did we ever determine about pushing from testing->stable more often? Or should I bring that up on the list again?

   * we prepare one; will decide if we just do it or if we do it together with 5.1

  * dep scripts running for testing these days? mmcgrath> | knurd: I don't think they are, I'll do that now.

   * task--mmcgrath --   dep scripts running for testing

=== Full Log ===

https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-September/msg00110.html

== Stats ==

=== General ===

Number of EPEL Contributors 1

We welcome 1 new contributors: till

=== EPEL 5 ===

Number of source packages: 670

Number of binary packages:  1299

There are 9 new Packages:

 * amavisd-new | Email filter with virus scanner and spamassassin support

 * fedora-package-config-smart | Fedora EPEL configuration files for the Smart package manager

 * jack-audio-connection-kit | The Jack Audio Connection Kit

 * libid3tag | ID3 tag manipulation library

 * mathml-fonts | Mathematical symbol fonts

 * optipng | A PNG optimizer and converter

 * python-fedora | Python modules for talking to Fedora Infrastructure Services

 * smart | Next generation package handling tool

 * wavpack | A completely open audiocodec

=== EPEL 4 ===

Number of source packages: 421

Number of binary packages:  859

There are 1 new Packages:

 * wavpack | A completely open audiocodec

----

["CategoryEPELReports"]