Re: Log from last weeks EPEL SIG meeting (20070912)

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> 00:35:34 <warren>	BTW, I inserted this rule into RH's processes for adding a new package to RHEL.
> 00:35:53 <warren>	something like "Check EPEL to be sure your new package is newer"

I would like to comment on this one.

It would be important to add that epoch-inflation is undesirable/unwanted.
I know that in some cases it cannot be avoided, but still I would hate to
see Red Hat ship some older release with a higher (non-zero) epoch for
convenience when they at least could see if the EPEL version would pass QA
testing.

--
--   dag wieers,  dag wieers com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --