consolehelper not cooperative

Hey

I am trying to include chkrootkit in EPEL-4 and -5. The package includes this pam config file:

   #%PAM-1.0
   auth       sufficient   pam_rootok.so
   auth       sufficient   pam_timestamp.so
   auth       include      system-auth
   session    required     pam_permit.so
   session    optional     pam_xauth.so
   session    optional     pam_timestamp.so
   account    required     pam_permit.so

and this file for consolehelper:

   USER=root
   PROGRAM=/usr/sbin/chkrootkit
   SESSION=true

In Centos 5 everything is OK and AFAICS the same config is available ever since FC-3. However, in Centos 4 I cannot run this application as normal user: consolehelper exists without asking for the root passwd. I have uploaded the packages I've built (and which were tested by me and by an independent tester) to http://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/chkrootkit/. Can anyone shed some light, please ?

PS: I have the exact phenomenon on a different machine (running F-7). See https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-March/msg00503.html and the reply from Michael E Brown.