Reminder: EPEL-Packages can be moved from testing to stable at any, time! Just ask for it!

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Aug 1 15:26:24 UTC 2008

Hi all!

just a reminder(¹): We can push packages from plague's needsign repo
straight to the proper repos easily; we can also move packages from
testing to stable at any time -- just send a mail
epel_signers-members at fedoraproject.org if there is a good reason to do
so. Good reason for example are: security fixes and fixes for important
bugs.

See also:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#What_do_I_need_to_do_if_I_need_to_get_a_updated_package_quickly_into_the_EPEL_proper.3F

>   What do I need to do if I need to get a updated package quickly into
> the EPEL proper?
>
> If you want to see a package moved from the testing or needsign repos to
> the proper EPEL repos (for example to fix important (security) bugs)
> please test the package once it got build; if it works well send a mail
> asking for this move to [[MailTo(epel_signers-members AT fedoraproject
> DOT org )]

CU
knurd

(¹) Why do I come up with this now you ask? Well, there is a easy
answer: I noticed that a EPEL specific bug was closed just a few hours
after todays testing -> stable move. I was curious and looked closer at
the bug; it was a broken dep in a package from EPEL proper due to a new
Firefox in EL. The bug had been reported on 2008-07-16 and fixed in
testing a few days later. The package IMHO should have been pushed
straight to stable or moved from testing to stable within two or three
days. But seems the packager just waited for the next move :-/