Re: Removal request for trousers (now in EL 5.2 with a lower EVR)

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> The *only* viable solution for when packages are pulled in from EPEL
> to RHEL proper is to either pull them in at the same version as EPEL,
> or to inflate the epoch for the package in RHEL so it always obsoletes
> EPEL (though this can also be tricky, as downgrading foo-1.2 to
> foo-1.1 can has undesired side-effects).
>
> This is a policy decision that needs to be worked out between EPEL and
> RHEL -- preferably ASAP.

I partially agree except that I'd say this is a policy decision that
should be worked out between package maintianers.  I suspect a bug filed
against trousers would do the trick.  Has anyone contacted the maintainer
yet?  No need for us all to get caught with our trousers around our ankles
:)

	-Mike