Re: Removal request for trousers (now in EL 5.2 with a lower EVR)

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:
>>> This is a policy decision that needs to be worked out between EPEL and
>>> RHEL -- preferably ASAP.
>> I partially agree except that I'd say this is a policy decision that
>> should be worked out between package maintianers.  I suspect a bug filed
>> against trousers would do the trick.  Has anyone contacted the maintainer
>> yet?  No need for us all to get caught with our trousers around our ankles
>> :)
>
> +1
> Honestly, we (EPEL) can try to help, but at this point, there's not much EPEL can do about it.  Make the the rhel maintainer aware of the issue(s), and then the ball is in their court.
>
> Long term, rhel maintainers need to contact epel maintainers for future new rhel pkgs to try avoid anything like this in the future.  I just don't see any other way.

Right -- the question is whether Red Hat actually cares about what is
going on in EPEL when they choose packages for inclusion in RHEL
proper. I was always under the impression that RHEL and EPEL had an
established working relationship that went both ways -- but perhaps
not all RHEL devs are aware of the work we do with EPEL?

Maybe this is just an awareness campaign waiting to happen? :)

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec