dep checker script

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Feb 3 18:10:12 UTC 2008

On 03.02.2008 18:52, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2008 7:37 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>
>>> whether to run against CentOS or the private RHEL repos
>> I'd prefer the private RHEL repos if that's possible without to much
>> trouble. CentOS would be fine as well, but there are small differences
>> (no PPC (yet) for example; small delay with updates, new releases)
> Well how many people have PPC :)?

No idea :)

> Actually I was going to look at testing against both.

Yeah, might be a good idea.

> This allows us
> to catch items where CentOS has something and RHEL doesn't..

Well, no offense, but that's afaics would be a bug in CentOS, as they
aim to be compatible.

> and if
> something conflicts with the CentOS 'extras' repo so that problems can
> be managed correctly.

Good idea.

But on the other hand: the repotag wars were now nearly a year ago and
one of the bad guys (/me) leaves soon. Maybe we could somehow come over
it and make peace with the CentOS guys and work together in a better way
that works better for both sides? That was my and afaics everybody's
else plan when we started EPEL, but didn't happen due some
mis-communication and misunderstandings (that's the short story and I
blame myself for a few of those issues that lead to the current
situation) in the initial EPEL start phase.

CU
knurd