EPEL stats (Was Re: rough perl module status)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:11:00 UTC 2008

2008/2/18 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
> On 10.02.2008 14:38, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > On 09.02.2008 14:45, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >> On 04.02.2008 20:22, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> >> Well, some stats are easy to generate with a proper repo file on a fedora
> >> machine, requery and some tools/scipts . Someone could put the following
> >> commands (and some more) into a script and run it regularly:
> > There was a typo (epel5-source-testing instead of epel5-testing-source)
> > in the repo files, thus the stats missed epel5-testing. Sorry for that,
> > here we go again:
>
> Some EPEL stats, in case anyone is interested:
>
> [thl at thl epel]$ repoquery -qa --repoid=centos5-source --repoid=epel5-source --repoid=epel5-testing-source --qf '%{NAME}' --arch="src" | sort > centos-epel-5
> [thl at thl epel]$ repoquery -qa --repoid=development-source --qf '%{NAME}' --arch="src" | sort > rawhide
> [thl at thl epel]$ wc -l centos-epel-5; wc -l rawhide
> 2230 centos-epel-5
> 5387 rawhide
> [thl at thl epel]$ grep -v -x --file centos-epel-5 rawhide > missing
> [thl at thl epel]$ wc -l missing
> 3234 missing
> [thl at thl epel]$ # /me attaches that file

Thanks thorsten.. I am planning on mirroring as much of the old
releases as possible and see what the gap is per release. Then try to
come up with a characterization to see what might be 'hot-targets' for
EL (apg, john, rt3,etc) and what might not be (smooge-sort-libs [a
library of sorts from Shell sort to Random sort... every project needs
this!])