Re: New Zenoss RPMs

Michael A. Peters wrote:

I think I figured out the Python issue - the general way something gets into EPEL is through Fedora review process first - and since Python 2.4 is not shipped in a supported release of Fedora, that may be difficult.

Is that what the deal is?

Does EPEL have a second path in for these scenarios?
Read http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/DistTag (pay special attention to the "conditionals" part) and use it to differentiate among systems during build time. Just BuildRequire and use python-2.4 where it is available and python-compat-2.4 in the rest.