plague: Job waited too long for repo to unlock. Killing it...

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jan 4 14:55:56 UTC 2008

> Certainly related, job #37767 just failed
>
>   Failed to copy /srv/rpmbuild/server_work/fedora-5-epel/37767-php-pecl-memcache-2.2.1-1.el5/ppc/php-pecl-memcache-2.2.1-1.el5.ppc.rpm to the repository directory.

Status update:

A work-around and debug-helper has been applied. I've moved the "does the
downloaded file exist and is readable?" check _in front_ of the downloader
callback. It now checks the downloaded file as early as possible, and if
the check fails, the download is marked as failed, so plague retries
downloading it at most 10 times. If that fails, there is a serious problem
of course (and that's not what we've seen). And if the good download turns
inaccessible later although it had passed the check, that would be *very*
interesting and will appear in the logs. Perhaps this mysterious
download/add_to_repo problem is only a rare bug in threaded Python
and working around it might be the only thing we can do.