Re: permission to use spec files in other projects

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 15.01.2008 19:23, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 15.01.2008 19:01, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
/topic EPEL SIG Meeting | permission to use spec files in other projects
| http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
Does anybody still care? Seems the Board either do not understand what
we/I'm up to or they ignore it.
No one but you sees a problem. It's covered by the CLA.

Please explain to me: What meaning has the CLA (a contract between a
Fedora contributer and Fedora/Red Hat) to someone else that receives
software from Fedora?

I'm not familiar with US law, but in Germany a contract between A and B
has no meaning to C.

CLA is not just a contract between A and B or more specifically it allows the same rights to all recipients which in this case would include C. I believe spot already explained that in

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-January/msg00031.html

Rahul