permission to use spec files in other projects

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jan 15 21:01:54 UTC 2008

On 15.01.2008 21:00, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> All the work definitely isn't but spec files would be.
>> Then I'm sure it can be written down to finally solve the iossue?
> It is written down within the CLA

Which CLA? The one I signed in the early Fedora days is not the one that
is available today. There are afaik even today different CLAs for Red
Hat, IBM, Dell and community contributers -- I don't know what's written
in them.  And I don't known which of those is binding if I take
something from Fedora.

> We consulted with legal before on whether we can explain the CLA better
> in another document and the legal opinion was that if any clarifications
> are necessary, it should done within the CLA itself and not in a
> separate document as any contradictions are considered risky IIRC.
> However I think you can point this out in the EPEL FAQ for example in
> this way:

I'm not going to put any legal statement anywhere. That is exactly what
we have the Board for and that's why I asked the Board to handle that.

Cu
knurd