python-imaging in EPEL4 (was:Re: Package EVR problems in EPEL 2008-01-20)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jan 21 17:59:45 UTC 2008

On 21.01.2008 16:30, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:03:06 +0100, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
>>> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>> Don't know what to make of it. So I assume from "You cannot downgrade a package
>>> without asking the epel-signers to delete a newer package", that the solution
>>> is to delete the newer package. right?
>> Mail the repo admins in accordance with the EPEL FAQ in the Wiki and
>> request removal of the 1.1.6 package. (it is enough to delete the src.rpm
>> and let repoprune kill the various binaries)
> ok.  sent mail to EPEL signers group. :)

Hmmm. Is it wise to remove it? If I understood the discussion correctly
then users that already have the currently newest version of
python-imaging in EPEL4 installed will never get a update should there
ever be released one with a EVRN lower then (none):1.1.6-3.el4.

On the other hand: we cannot increase the epoch only in EPEL4 because
then the upgrade path to RHEL5 is broken (still/again).

Which of the two things is worse?

Cu
knurd